Elemance, LLC is seeking a Biomechanical Engineer at our Clemmons, North Carolina location.
Who are we:
Elemance’s vision is to protect and improve human life by providing virtual human body model-based tools and expertise to enable truly human centered design. Founded in 2014, Elemance is the exclusive distributor of the GHBMC family of human body finite element models, providing services to commercial and academic users. Elemance provides maintenance, enhancement and support of licensed models, as well as consulting services related to injury biomechanics, human modeling, and structural mechanics. Supporting this mission, our engineers are working with multi-disciplinary teams to address modern health concerns such as helmet design and performance in the NFL, driver protection in motorsports, and injury risk mitigation in military and aerospace applications.
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking an individual with a highly technical skill set who can support a wide variety of biomechanics consulting projects focused on our core mission. This position will have an initial focus on the development and application of human and human surrogate finite element models. In the execution of these projects, the candidate’s responsibilities will include 1) development and application of finite element analysis (FEA) tools and related software to support customers and generate pilot data for new research, 2) pre-processing FEA models using software such as Ansa, Primer, and LS-PrePost, 3) post-processing and data visualization for FEA simulations, and 4) development of custom scripts (e.g. Python) to enhance user experience with pre- and post-processing of biomechanical models. The candidate will be expected to effectively present their work in program and business unit reviews.
Elemance is located in Clemmons, North Carolina, a close suburb of Winston-Salem. Winston-Salem is a vibrant community of 300,000 with excellent schools and an exciting cultural environment, situated close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic coast.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related engineering discipline with two years’ biomechanics research experience. Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an engineering field/industry.
• Experience with high rate finite element analysis simulations, extensive pre- and post-processing capabilities
• Desired software experience:
• FE Pre-processing tools such as Oasys Primer, Beta Ansa, LS-PrePost
• Python for data processing and analysis
• Experience with CAD solid modeling tools
• Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• United States citizenship required
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Elemance to consider all qualified applicants without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.